Outboard Recycle Parts & Marine, Inc.
This information is intended to clarify any and all questions surrounding the Core Return Policy of Outboard Recycle Parts & Marine, Inc. (OBR). This will be the fourth year OBR has offered its clients the opportunity to receive a substantial core credit for many of its products featured on this web site. The core program is not a requirement for purchasing a selected product, rather it serves as an incentive for our clients wishing to receive credit for the part that has failed.
Core Return Policy
|• OBR will pay the freight on a core that is shipped from anywhere in the United States, excluding Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii.
• A Return Freight Voucher will be included with every product that requires a core deposit.
• Simply place core in the original box and place the voucher on your package.
• Call the toll-free telephone number on the voucher for prompt pickup.
• Please be sure a copy of your invoice is included with each core return.
• The core deposit refund will be mailed to the address appearing on the invoice, unless we are notified otherwise.
|Determining Core Value|
|• Each core received by OBR is evaluated to assess its value as a core.
• The condition and usability of the parts determines the value of the core.
• The core returned must match the product purchased.
• If one or more key components are determined to be usable, the core deposit will be adjusted to reflect the changes in value.
|Core Example: Gear Housing Assembly|
|• A Gear Housing Assembly Core consists of three key components in the evaluation of core value.
• The three key components are: the housing, vertical drive shaft, and the horizontal propeller shaft.
• A defective free housing represents 50% of the core value.
• A good driveshaft represents 25% of the core value.
• A good propeller shaft represents 25% of the core value.
• If each component is judged to be reusable then the full core credit amount would apply.